Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

April 4th, 2012

It seems like only yesterday I was standing in my house, taking my last pregnancy photograph! I remember relaxing in the morning, going out to lunch with Cole and coming home for a quick early afternoon nap, and then before I knew it... I was at the hospital at 330pm! 


Up to the maternity floor we go! 

This day/night is so hard to explain. It was such a whirlwind of excitement, nerves, fear, happiness and love... and yet, I can remember every single detail that will be forever etched into my memory. It is honestly so true that a mother feels no love like the one she feels for her baby. And it is something that no one can explain to you, describe to you, or try to talk about - because it just IS. 
At 11:55pm I was a pregnant woman in labor, expecting my first child to enter the world momentarily (sooner rather that later, I had hoped!)... and at 11:56pm, I heard his first cry, and had his warm body placed on my tummy. Not to take away from such a serene moment, but we didn't know the sex of our baby until this moment - and as soon as he was out, I swore I saw a giant pair of balls dangling in the air... and I was right. It was a sweet, sweet, boy (with giant balls). I remember I had opened up my mouth, while tears were streaming down my face in an overwhelming moment of love, and I gasped "I don't know what to do with your penis, I'm so sorry!" and I knew that, despite all of my previous fears of having a son, in this moment it became clear that I was meant to have a boy. I looked down at him, and everything in my body just felt so... right. I was meant to be his mommy, he was meant to be my son, and we would forever be a family. 
Between those two moments - 11:55pm & 11:56pm, my life had changed, and changed for the better.

Greyson Gene Gendreau
Born April 4th, 2012 @ 11:56pm
7lbs 12oz & 20 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment