Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oh Brother...

This week has been a challenging one for me. Actually, it may have started two weeks ago... and its all just being mentally mushed into one long week. Call me silly, but I was finally getting to a place in my life where I thought I was done second-guessing myself. I spent the first 31 days of being a new mom glued to my computer screen or iphone, googling the shit out of any question I ever had. What was I doing wrong? What was I doing right? What could I do better? It got to the point where I would begin to type in my new-mom-question-of-the-day, and instead of the google filter giving me a few suggestions... it would just list out a dozen self-help books and recommended medications. I finally got over the google-factor, and just made decisions on my own. And it was working! Until...

My sweet sweet boy stopped sleeping through the night. He wakes up 3-5 times crying, fussing, hungry and just not a happy camper. So now I feel like I'm a contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" standing opposite Meredith Vierra, sweating my balls off because I don't know the answer to the $500 question! Even though in my version, there is no cash prize.

I'm using "phone a friend" and I'm "polling the audience" but I'm still not winning! What is wrong with my handsome boy? Is he hungry? Is my milk supply decreasing? If so, is it because I started a new diet which, to my body, feels more like a college eating disorder leading up to Spring Break, than an actual healthy diet? Is he teething? Do I feel canine teeth coming in first? Is that normal? Is my baby a vampire? If he is a vampire, did I have sex with Edward Cullen? (If the answer is yes, I'm OK with this). The list of questions goes on and on, as does the sleepless nights. For now, anyway. :) 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete